For Elizabeth K. Burton
1105 Nueces Street #3
Austin Texas 78701-2129
- Penn State University 1969, B.A. Theatre Arts.
- Additional credits English and journalism, Mansfield University 1983-84.
- Software: WordPerfect 5.1, 6.1; Windows 3.11, MS Publisher. Some experience with Windows 95 and WordStar.
- Writing and other samples of my work are available here.
- Jan. 1997 - April 1998: Secretary-receptionist, Laurel Health System/North
Penn Comprehensive Health Services. Directed calls from multiline main corporate
switchboard to appropriate individuals and departments. Maintained census
spreadsheet in Lotus 123v.5. Designed hardcopy form to record data for same.
Designed other specialized forms for recording and tracking data. Created posters and
other publicity materials for in-house functions. Handled registration for corporate events.
Continued activities for GUIDELINE.
- Nov. 1992 -Jan. 1997: Community Resources Aide, GUIDELINE Information
and Referral, Laurel Health System Community Support Services, Blossburg, PA.
Answered phone inquiries from individuals and agency representatives regarding
health, human services and other topics, including crisis intervention, and
referred to other agencies as required. Provided written and photographic
public relations materials for agency activities and developed forms and
publications. Coordinated Celebrity Auction fundraiser, including solicitation
of donations, advertising, PR copy and publications. Compiled and formatted
annual Community Resource Directory and smaller directories for senior citizens
and teens. Editted quarterly newsletter for Pa. Association For Information And
Referral. Provided job-search training to special-needs teens under School-To-Work
Transition program, attended Local Transition Coordinating Council meetings to assist
students in preparing for post-graduation activities. Presented informational programs
about the agency to community organizations.
- May 1992-Oct. 1992: Sun-Gazette, Williamsport PA. Local correspondent/photographer.
Generated stories as well as covering assigned materials.
- Nov. 1991 - May 1992: The Leader, Corning NY. Health and human services reporter
and photographer; copy-editing and proofreading as required.
- Oct. 1989 - Oct. 1991: Star-Gazette, Elmira NY. Health and human services/science
reporter/photographer; copy editing.
- Feb. 1989 - Oct. 1989: Star-Gazette, Elmira NY. Local correspondent/photographer.
- July 1984 - Jan. 1989: Wellsboro Gazette, Wellsboro PA. (Editor, May 1987-Jan. 1989)
supervised staff of two; selected copy and photographs for 6,000-circulation weekly;
assisted with page make-up, proofreading; responded to complaints and questions from
subscribers and advertisers; presented educational programs to area organizations.
- 1996-97: Designed and executed online version of Pin*Pals newsletter.
- 1985-89: Assisted with planning and organization for annual Independence Day
including fundraising, development of special events, advertising copy, posters and other printed
materials, including production of camera-ready copy; gave oral presentations to individuals and
organizations to elicit financial and other support. The event showed a clear profit all four years.
- 1987-Present: GUIDELINE. Provided afterhours coverage for toll-free phone lines,
including coverage of mental health crisis line. Gave callers appropriate referrals,
contacted on-call crisis workers when required.
- 1995-96: Habitat For Humanity, Laurel Mts. Chapter. Handled sales of clothing at
consignment store. Assisted with checking in of donations as needed.
- 1995-96: Mansfield Free Public Library. Assisted with all library activities, including
shelving, check-out, data collection and customer assistance.
- Robert J. Blair, Executive Director
- Tioga County Development Corporation
114 Main St.
Wellsboro PA 16901
- Sandra Spencer, Executive Director
- Tioga County Tourist Promotion Agency
114 Main St.
Wellsboro Pa 16901
- Diane Eaton, Marketing Director
- Laurel Health System
15 Meade St.
Wellsboro Pa 16901
717-723-0510 or 1-800-808-528735
- Donna B. Cummings, Manager
- GUIDELINE Information And Referral
520 Ruah Street/PO Box 8
Blossburg PA 16912
I am moving to Austin, Texas, and will be available to interview after May 1.